View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 08:38 AM   #539
Low Drag

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FstMach04
Hello my fellow law enforcement officers! I just had a quick question. Last Friday night I was driving home and I was coming through the busy part of the city, somewhere around 11:00p.m. I was approximately 1,000 feet from a redlight at a major intersection in our city when I see a police car coming opposite direction of me turn left in front of me into an entrance into Lowe's and continues to complete a u-turn. He immediately pulls up behind me into the turning lane I was in. There is actually a good bit of traffic out, so when the light turns green and we make the turn, a car ends up getting between us. He makes every effort to get back behind me as quickly as possible. He continues to ride my bumper (literally a foot from my bumper) for the next approximately 2 miles, until he finally backs off and does a u-turn again and heads back the opposite direction. Any idea what this guy was doing? I was not speeding, actually I was nowhere near the speed limit, probably running about 30 in a 45 because I was approaching the redlight when I saw the police officer. I wasn't doing anything illegal, however I do have a tinted tag cover, which I am surprised he did not pull me over for. Other than that, nothing wrong with my driving. Did he possibly think I was someone else and maybe was running my tag number??? Just curious. Thanks!
It's hard to say without being there, but it could have been just about anything. It's possible that something could have happened in the area involving a vehicle of a similar description to yours. He might have been waiting for more information on the radio and when he got the information it ruled you out. Maybe he saw something he wanted to get a closer look at like your tinted plate covers and he was planning on stopping you but got a call for service and changed his mind. There are plenty of scenarios that could explain it.
Low Drag is offline   Reply With Quote