View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #537
FstMach04

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Hello my fellow law enforcement officers! I just had a quick question. Last Friday night I was driving home and I was coming through the busy part of the city, somewhere around 11:00p.m. I was approximately 1,000 feet from a redlight at a major intersection in our city when I see a police car coming opposite direction of me turn left in front of me into an entrance into Lowe's and continues to complete a u-turn. He immediately pulls up behind me into the turning lane I was in. There is actually a good bit of traffic out, so when the light turns green and we make the turn, a car ends up getting between us. He makes every effort to get back behind me as quickly as possible. He continues to ride my bumper (literally a foot from my bumper) for the next approximately 2 miles, until he finally backs off and does a u-turn again and heads back the opposite direction. Any idea what this guy was doing? I was not speeding, actually I was nowhere near the speed limit, probably running about 30 in a 45 because I was approaching the redlight when I saw the police officer. I wasn't doing anything illegal, however I do have a tinted tag cover, which I am surprised he did not pull me over for. Other than that, nothing wrong with my driving. Did he possibly think I was someone else and maybe was running my tag number??? Just curious. Thanks!
FstMach04 is offline   Reply With Quote