View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #528
Mach1 EH
original owner

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMachU
First, if you just have a cat-back, you are not automatically illegal. If you have an off-road H or X pipe, then it's time to worry, unlike what Mustanger2 says. Also, if you have headers, they must also be 50 state rated. We have to go through smog inspections every 2 years here. Additionally, police can inspect your car for illegal modifications.

Once someone moves to Calif, you have 10 days to register your car and get a Calif driver license. Otherwise, that's another trip to court for ya. Just a friendly heads up Eh....
Thanks for the reply, but that is putting the cart WAY infront of the Mustang. (could have said horse but ...)
I strongly doubt I'll be moving to Calif any time soon, but I have ALWAYS wanted to see and visit.

To get a Calif driver license, test; road & written? or just @ par because of the one I have now?
What does it cost to register an out of state car in Calif?
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote