View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #456
Marks04DSG
DSG forme

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by '70 Vert
You were in the wrong place speeding at the wrong time. Not to over-simplify things, but the speed limit is the speed limit.

The speed limit sign doesn't say "speed limit XXMPH except when trying to get out from between semis".

It's my understanding that Virginia is the anti-Christ of police environments. Black and white thinking only. Almost zero gray area thinking. Numerous east coast off duty officers from other states get nailed with tickets for speeding in VA due to the lack of professional courtesy.
Understood, but I gotta tell you, being 52yrs. old and having been through my share I won't just follow along like herded sheep when I feel my safety is put at risk. Had the officer flashed me in time I would've prompted him to go after the truckers but he was on service entrance as I was on exit and seemed like his decision to pullme was a last second decision and by then he was more worried about getting his laser gun to show me the speed because it kept blinking on and off. As soon as I tried to explain why this happened and in the back of my mind feeling unsure if I really was that fast the ticket was already written and he was giving me dirs. on how to be carefull pulling out because of the entrance and exit lanes veering into one. Oh well if I can just get by with a fine and hopefully do some driver improvement course to erase points after a period in time I guess I can make that part of 95 one of the routes I never take again. As a matter of fact I'am staying away from all truckstops and weighscales on the interstate from now on.

Thanks