View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #436
MvCrash
Where is Hooterville?

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHrophage
MvCrash I stand corrected...I have not read the case in years..was going from memory. The "holding" or rule of law that I cited was correct however.

No insult intended, I was just being glib. Sorry if I offended you or any other officer w/ the characterizations used....

Mustanger2 you have a pretty conservative view...The Constituion grants all people the right to be free from unreasonable search and seizure...and any search must be made pursuant to a warrant or an specified exception to the requirement of a warrant.
Being a "fat cop" the only part I was offended by was the "fat cop" part. Having said that, here is the point of the decision.
One cannot shoot at a fleeing felon unless there is a "continuing risk" to the public at large. IE: A person just committed a crime using a weapon. The officers cannot see the weapon but there are reports a weapon was used. The bad guy runs, and appears to be running in the direction of a grammar school and there is no way for the cop, fat or not, to prevent the bad guy from entering. Shoot in the back?
I'll leave that decision to you.
Oh, when I was in patrol, I was not fat!!!! :LAUGH:
Adopted 12/18/2004
SOLD 7/17/06

2007 Corvette Convertible
Born 7/17/06
Delivery@NCM 8/24/06
" There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe." Albert Einstein
" Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"Albert Eintein.
" It is better to have loved and lost, than never have seen lost in space" Kelly Bundy
MvCrash is offline   Reply With Quote