View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 03:23 AM   #404
Low Drag

Re: Ask A Police Officer

MvCrash,

To put some of what you said in perspective. Yes, I have been placed in plenty of situations in which I did not know whether or not I was going to have to take someone's life. Like you, whether I have or not will remain known to only me. It's a terrible situation to wish on anyone, but that being said, should a situation arise that would require it I've prepared myself mentally and physically for years to do what needs to be done. I think about it every night when I tell my wife I love her and leave for work. I guess the judged by 12 or carried by 6 phrase means something a little different to me. To me it means that when the time comes, I will step up to the plate and protect myself, my coworkers, or anyone else in need and I will do it without hesitation that can be caused by second guessing myself as to what the legal ramifications might be. No matter how right you are in these situations, it's not a matter of if, but when you will be sued.

From some of the conversation, I can make a pretty educated guess of the outcome of the situation you were in. All I can say is God bless you and all others that have taken it upon themselves to have the courage to stand up to those who have no respect for the lives of others in order to defend friends, family, or anyone else in need.
Low Drag is offline   Reply With Quote