View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #348
MvCrash
Where is Hooterville?

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT
Honestly not trying to be a prick just trying to figure out how things work in different areas.

So if my work allows me to carry a knife then the Police will be ok with me carrying one. If my work dosen't allow it then I could be put in jail for it.

Seems like one of thoes BS laws that aren't enforced unless you have nothing else to get someone on. In other words your average Joe could be toting a knife and noone cares, but if you decide to stop a suspicious looking person and can't really do anything to them, but the unlucky *** has a pocket knife then you can get him on that.

If as you say a knife is illegal to carry in NJ then it should be the same as being allowed to carry a handgun in the fact that you should have to have a liscense to carry it.

As for bringing a knife to a gunfight....well lets just say that in hand to hand combat situations, or when you and the threat are within arms reach of each other a knife is just as, if not more deadly than a gun. Just a thought for you to take on patrol with you, just because you have a gun does not gaurentee you to go home alive.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat." - Sun Tzu

Translation: If you know both what you and your enemy are capable of then your chances of winning are great, if you know only your own capabilities and not what your enemy is capable of the chance for defeat is great.
I understand your thoughts, however I don't write the law. Most times when we came across a "wise guy" with a knife, we just confiscated the thing, not always arresting. The knife was inventoried and put into evidence.
More than likely, if you got arrested, and had a knife on you at the time of your arrest, then you were charged with Poss. of a weapon.

once again, common sense rules. NJ/NY have very strict weapon laws.
Adopted 12/18/2004
SOLD 7/17/06

2007 Corvette Convertible
Born 7/17/06
Delivery@NCM 8/24/06
" There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe." Albert Einstein
" Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"Albert Eintein.
" It is better to have loved and lost, than never have seen lost in space" Kelly Bundy
MvCrash is offline   Reply With Quote