View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #346
MvCrash
Where is Hooterville?

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT
So what employment would justify carrying a knife? Also if someone was stopped and said he was employed in such a field that required or better yet allowed for carrying a knife how would the officer check it out?

I work in construction. I started in the field and moved my way into the office but I still carry a knife every day as it has become habit. Here there are no problems with it. Once I alsmot walked into court with it, the metal detector cought it and they held it at the security desk for me until I was on my way out.

I am asking as I do go out of town sometimes and wouldn't want to let my habit get me in trouble in another state.
Your work would allow you to carry the knife. good common sense would rule here as always. If you go ou of town, I would leave it home and avoid any pitfalls.

As fas a checking out the truth to where you work, usually it is easy to tell the truth from horse crap. Besides, it is kinda dumb to bring a knife to a gun fight!!!
Adopted 12/18/2004
SOLD 7/17/06

2007 Corvette Convertible
Born 7/17/06
Delivery@NCM 8/24/06
" There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe." Albert Einstein
" Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"Albert Eintein.
" It is better to have loved and lost, than never have seen lost in space" Kelly Bundy
MvCrash is offline   Reply With Quote