View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 AM   #192
IMachU
Super Moderator

Re: Ask A Police Officer

MLV289 - The best thing to do is follow at a SAFE distance and call it in. While on the phone with the Highway Patrol dispatcher, describe exactly what the vehicle is doing - like swerving, driving too slow/fast, as the driver does it. That will help with the officer's investigation, and the 911 tape will be called in as evidence.

As tempting as it would be to run someone off the road, put a beat down on 'em, box them in, etc., please do not attempt to do anything like that. First, you are putting yourself and, more importantly, your Mach, in a position of danger. You have no idea if the guy is drunk, or worse, high. Does he/she have a gun in the car? Is it someone weaving because they are having a fight with their significant other? Those are questions you can't answer. The best thing to do is be the best witness you can be. Don't wreck the Mach, for goodness sake!! Looking past my humor, I hope I have answered your question.

2003 DSG 5 speed IUP Born June 25, 2003
K&N Drop-in Filter, Magnapack Catback, MRT black chrome tips, MRT shifter
277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
IMachU is offline   Reply With Quote