View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #26
kopacko

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMan
This is for all police officers in states with right-to-carry laws. What has been your experience with and/or your opinion of allowing citizens to carry concealed handguns.
Where I work..I love it. We do get quite a bit of violent crime in the Memphis area. I wish we had more citizens that were trained in carrying concealed weapons. Memphis is always at the top in violent crime from home invasion to rape. We would be higher on the murder chart but our hospitals get so much dang experience, it is pretty hard to die if you make to the hospital with a pulse.

What I don't want to see is Joe Schmo hearing that his girlfriend got threatened and going out and buying a gun for him and her and never learning to respect the weapon for what it is, how it works and when not to use it. Just cause some guy cuts you off, doesn mean you get to retaliate with a bullet (this happened in Huntsville, Alabama about 10 years ago.)

Everytime I goto Texas I see folks wearing their guns out in the open and it seems to work. I have been in restaurants where the waiter had his gun on his hip.

If you were going to attack someone and you knew there is a 50/50 chance they had a gun on them, you think you would do it? That is not to say all people think that rationally. If someone is out for blood, there is not much you can do to stop them.

2004 Competition Orange Mach1, 5-Speed
Dyno: 299 RWHP | 322 RWTQ (SAE)

BUILD DATE: 03/16/2004
PURCHASED: 05/20/2004
VIN: 1FAFP42RX4F210686
----------------------------------------
Speed of Sound Gauge Pod w/ VDO Gauges
Steed 3-point Front Strut Tower Brace
Steed Rear Shock Tower Brace (Welded)
UPR Off-Road X-Pipe + Steeda Cat-Back
SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension