View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #5
Ralph Greene

Re: Power gained per modification.

JB.....I agree with you it's a nice idea, but it seems to me there are way too many variables and dyno difference to really make much sense of it all. As you know, there are temp and humidity differences I don't think are fully corrected for, some quote SAE and some standard, some know how to make big numbers with cold engines hot oil etc, and just the differences in dyno's themselves.

And as you mentioned, some mods affect other mods, so you can't just start adding up the numbers.

With my simple mods, and I've been on several dyno's with this car (and probably 50 hr's on previous car), all I feel confident to say is my car makes about 10% more HP and TQ than when stock, and pickup in middle ranges were greater than peak. I also think there is some advantage to 2 1/2" exhaust system all the way (with a tune) because Ford added that to the 05's.
I'm not sure CAI is worth anything on near stock car (you can get about same increase by leaning stock tune), and I've about decided K&N drop in, 2 1/2" exhaust, and good tune gaining some control over knock sensors gives about 90% of gain available for street car keeping perfect drivability. And we all know all the stuff you can do with intake spacers, headers, OR X's, cams, TB's etc. MHO
Real Ford FR 500 18X9 Wheels
255X40X18 Michelin Tires
Steeda Sport Springs (isolators in)
Tokico HP Struts/Shocks
Steeda 4 bolt CC Plates
Poly Offset Steering Rack Bushings
Steeda TriAx Shifter
Magnaflow X/Cats
Bassani Catback with Removable Baffles
Ralph Greene is offline   Reply With Quote