View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 10:50 AM   #26
SVTSnake
Mach Freak

Re: Header install guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
SVT,

Curious on if you had to re shape the oil dip stick tube or not??? On the BBK long tubes you have to re shape it. Nice job on your install!
No reshaping of the oil dipstick tube was necessary. Only had to loosen the bolt that holds the tube to the block, install the header, then retighten! On my 95 and 99 Cobra, I had to reshape the dipstick tube after the headers were installed...

ORANGE WHIP:

Sorry you don't feel that headers do any justice... However, for those that go to the tracks, and who occasionally race there Mustangs for what they were meant for (ie: sports cars), headers are great! I can guarantee you that my car pulls harder than before, and that is BEFORE my tune next week! Like Angus said, peak numbers don't mean sqwat, except for that, a number! You have to look throughout the curve to really see your improvements. My car dyno'ed stock at around 262HP. After a simple EFI dyno tune, it was up to 278HP, BUT I gained almost 30HP throughout the curve. Could I feel it? H*** YEAH!

Was it worth my time this weekend? You betcha! Not to mention I enjoy working on the car. Big deal, it took a little while to do. You in a hurry to get somewhere? Don't get caught up in peak #'s...

2003 Mach 1 - Zinc Yellow
Born 06/12/03, VIN# 436142
5 Speed, IUP
312 HP, 321 FT. LBS. TRQ. (5/10/05)
SVTSnake is offline   Reply With Quote