View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #24
jonkolo

Re: Gears - to answer the questions once and for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowMenace
The auto data would be more interesting in 3rd gear since we don't race (or even make full throttle runs) in OD.
I think that Ford set the speed limiter to 126 on the automatics to prevent a wide open throttle shift into overdrive. The shift with stock gears happens somewhere around 130MPH.

Why wouldn't you do a full throttle run in overdrive to get top speed? I bet it would be around 160+. I know you don't need overdrive on the drag strip.

I removed my speed limiter. I did have a chance to run to 135, but I let up on it around 125 and let it ease into overdrive. Once it shifted into overdrive I stomped it and it went from 125 to 135 so fast I couldn't believe it.

Stock Mach 1, only 7000 miles, K&N air filter, Yellow top Optima battery, Viper 791xv 2-way interactive alarm with remote start and nite-lite autolamp system, Ford automatic dimming rearview mirror with outside temp and compass display.
jonkolo is offline   Reply With Quote