View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 05:43 AM   #5
Mister L
Don't squeeze the Charmin

Be careful Keven, I might take you up on that.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker04
Marty, Let me know if you need an extra hand sometime.
Bought some drive-on ramps today. Thinking I can back the car up the ramps and then start lifting the front. Get the front up high enough on the jack stands for the motor/trans to clear the front bumper. Might have to pull the chin spoiler for extra space but I think I can get it high enough to clear. I also bought some 2" casters and intend to build a mini-creeper/dolley for the motor/trans to sit on when lowered. Then roll it out from under the car. Pull the tranny/bellhousing/clutch and flywheel. Then the accessories and intake. Build a stand to support the motor in transit, drop it off at the shop on the 10th of Jan, get the valve covers powder coated and then sit and wait. Forged rods/pistons/ new bearings/ balanced/heads ported and new cams installed. Shop says 3-4 weeks to get it done. Now thinking I might need to go with some larger injectors. Need to do some more research! Once the motor is back I intend to get the accessories back on, new ported lower intake and all the associated wiring/hardware, install the headers and put it all in as an assembly. Still trying to decide on long tubes or midlengths. I need to get with Kerleyfries for the longtubes.

I sure hope I am NOT making a mistake here. I'm sure once it is together I will be very satisfied........but who knows!

Thanks again Keven for the offer and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and Kathy!