View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 02:19 AM   #8
Dawg
Marking My Territory!!!

It was the shaker hood that caught my eye and I had heard about the power. I really wasn't in to the Mach 1 "look" at first, that is why I bought a black one, but I like the uniqueness (sp?) and history of the Mach more now than before.

I only test drove one once and I was hooked!!! I had been driving a 93 5.0 LX for 10 years so I know how to handle a sportscar, or at least I thought I did...

I took it easy on the service road and finally had a chance to punch it on the highway. That salesman had a white knuckle ride for a couple of miles. The power really surprised me. It was like "wham!" and we are doing 110 mph.

When we drove in to the dealership parking lot, I had a smile from ear to ear that I could not wipe off of my face. All I heard from my wife was "Oh, no...". That was in Sept. of 2003.

I held back and resisted the urge up through January until I helped my sister negotiate on a '04 GT. I was dying to buy the Mach but I still resisted.

My wife could see my anquish and finally told me "I'm tired of hearing you whin about that Mach... If you really want it, go get it.."

Before she finished that sentence I had already slammed the door behind me and was off to see the sales manager at the dealership.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it... :THUMBSUP:
--------------------------------------
Tuned Dyno: HP & TQ

2005 Mach 1 / Bullitt Shootout Super Street Bracket Winner

2005 DFW-SVTOA Day at the Drags Bracket Winner

Performance Mod's by HPP Racing

R.I.P. 99whitecobra99
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote