View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 02:57 AM   #8
Rusty67

Re: Welp my engine is dead....

I felt the RnR price was about 1500 too high IMO but that shop charges 175/hr for labor. Also, the general area I'm in is full of rich people with money coming out of their ears and no idea what to do with it all. I'm going to check in with a local machine shop. Turns out one of my "neighbors" is a retired Ford master mechanic and pointed me in the direction of the machine shop he uses. He said the motor is not a cheap rebuild regardless but these guys are likely going to be more reasonable.

I'm trying to figure out if I could realistically drop the motor out from the bottom with the K member still attached. Anyone know how high I need to lift the car to accomplish that?

I suppose I could just keep the car and wait but I didn't want to have to see it there dead in the garage every day. I'm probably 9 months out from moving. Plus then I'd have to ship the car or tow it back home where it would sit for months before I could work on it. I feel like if I keep it and don't do anything to it, I'm 2 years out before turning a wrench on it at all.
Rusty67 is offline   Reply With Quote