View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 07:51 PM   #6
Rusty67

Re: Welp my engine is dead....

Thanks for the reply guys. If I had the space to pull the motor at my house I wouldn't let this car go. I've loved my Mach 1 even as it has aged and been slower compared to modern cars it has always felt like the right car for me. I had plans to do a coyote swap on it eventually but that was going to be when I moved back to SoCal (which should have already happened thanx COVID). As it stands, it looks like I will be living here for about another 6-12 months.

I don't know how bad off the crank is but I think it will probably be salvageable. The shop I talked to told me that local machine shops will charge between 8-10K to do the rebuild of the motor. Combine that with the 3500 they want to RnR the motor and I think I'm going to have to give up on her.

The only way this would be in my budget to rebuild would be if I could get a good motor in the 3-4 grand range and up here in the PWN I don't think that is going to happen. Maybe back in LA I could find something in that price range. I know I could get that motor rebuilt cheaper (and probably better) back in SoCal. Plus if I was back home I'd have the space to work on the car and do the RnR myself. All the motors I saw on ebay were higher mileage than my existing motor so I really didn't want to jump on any of those and who knows if they are really in good shape at all anyways?
Rusty67 is offline   Reply With Quote