View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
AlloyPony

Re: SRT8 Charger vs Mach stock for stock???

Old thread, I know, but I just thought I'd post to show how relevant the Mach 1 is 16 years later....

Saturday night after a huge car show, a new Mustang GT and a new Charger SRT 6.4L Hemi were going at it so I figured I'd mix it up a little bit by jumping into the right lane. After several WOT runs, it appeared the new new GT had a very slight edge on the new Charger, however it was a very very close matchup. My Mach 1 would run fender to fender with them through the top of 2nd gear, then in 3rd they'd start to pull about a car on me.

At one point, the guy in the GT pulled up next to me at a red light and asked if my car was supercharged. Nope, just an O/R mid pipe and that's it!! He said, "That's bad ***!!"

16 years and 130,000 miles later, this car would still run with all the new stuff on the road if I just did a few bolt on mods and had a good dyno tune written for it. I love it!!!

My only problem with the car is that after a couple of WOT runs, 3rd gear starts locking me out. It's impossible to hit 3rd. I have no idea why it's doing that, but I need to fix it.