View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
wutang61
CAT MASTA!

Re: Chasing a ghost. rear end noise.

The little bit of diff noise I hear isn't an issue if that's what the little whoop sounds are on decel. I've been back and forth with a local shop about this for days now and they are pointing the finger hard at the solid diff bushings.

The plan of action at this point is to get rid of the solid diff joints and stick rubbers back in. The interior noise at acceptable speed limits (50-60mph) is enough to wanna drive it off a bridge. If that doesn't work then the motives are getting torn out for a FRPP gearset.

From my ear and the few guys I've had ride in it it's undoubtedly pinion related noise. The lowers are mounted at the end of the axle tubes and are pretty isolated compared to the upper mounts which ride right on the pinion itself. Side loading the car in corners doesn't change the pitch or volume so I don't think the extreme lowers are the issue.

From my digging motive gears make noise more so then any other brand across many forums...So that with my solid uppers I feel is having a compound effect.

Again internally the rear is dead nuts perfect.

I'll definitely update this thread with the be all end all solution to this issue. But in the meantime keep the feedback coming. All of it helps paint a clearer picture for the correct angle of attack.
Built 8.8,4.10's

441/402
wutang61 is offline   Reply With Quote