View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
Matttgo

Re: No Oil Pressure after Rebuild? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra View Post
Did you remember the o-ring for the pickup? I'd do the clay trick for checking the pickup to pan clearance. No force doesn't mean it's not too close. Short of missing the gears the only other thing I can think of is the pressure spring being bad.

Although I have an old timer story. I did a cam swap in the 351W in my 70. During the break in the cam went flat and took out my 2500 mile engine. While pulling things apart I found the journals were dry. I figured my pump died. Until I pulled the oil filter and turned it over. A quart of oil came running out. I looked down the filter and could see where the media had come apart and moved blocking the holes. Oil was going in, but not coming out. I haven't run a Fram filter since.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
Yes, o-ring was placed on tube. What's the clay trick and are you talking about the Pressure spring on the oil pump?
****, now you're having me worrying about my oil filter doing a freak thing like that. I only pulled the sending unit out and cranked to see if oil was coming out but in order for oil to get to the sending unit it would have to pass thru the filter first. I should've also pulled the filter to make certain. It is a new filter but it's like the cheapest one since I was planning to change the oil within 500 miles anyway. It wasn't a Fram I know that lol. Hope I didn't tear everything back apart because of an oil filter. I'll have to pull it off and make sure it's not split like yours was. Thanks for the story!
Matttgo is offline   Reply With Quote