View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #17
bris09

Re: Quiet stock tires / 245x45x17 . H or R rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshakrr View Post
Anyone have a comment on whether the Continental DWS is any different than the DW version OTHER than the S being the snow rating? Same exact tire just minus the snow rating as far as ride characteristics? Thanks Ron
The DWS is considered an ultra all season tire and the DW is an Extreme Performance summer only tire. If you don't push the car hard through the corners and drive in light snow, the DWS is a good choice. They do really when on the Fusion in a couple inches of snow but I wouldn't expect the same on the Mach. If the car is never driven in the snow but is in the rain the DW is a good tire. The issue I have with them is there is a delay in turn in. If you have never run a really good tire you might not notice it but after running the Bridgestone Potentzas there is a very noticeable difference. Unfortunately Bridgestone no longer makes a 275 40 17 which is why I am running the DW. Looking at getting some Hoosier A7s for autox events so the drop off in performance of the DW is not a big deal. For normal spirited driving they are more than capable.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote