View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
TylerRNEMT

Re: Abandoned Mach 1's

When looking for a Mach before I purchased mine I ran across a very low mileage (36k I think) one for sale on Craigslist.... after talking with the seller multiple times I discovered that it was a young kid selling for his grandmother.... apparently the original owner was his uncle whom was deceased and from what I could gather from the bits of info I got was that it had been sitting for some time in the family garage/barn. The info I got from the kid selling was very vague and didn't completely line up... he had stated that it belonged to his uncle who was deceased, but he wouldn't come right out and admit how long it had been sitting. He said he replaced the fuel pump " a few weeks ago" and the car ran great. I asked him to send some specific pics ( see below) these were current and it appears the car has been sitting much longer than the couple weeks he claimed. I asked for a video of it running and never got one... he said it needed a new battery (so how did he drive it after the fuel pump just a couple weeks prior?) it was about a 5 1/2 hour drive and all together the info I had made me a little too nervous to investigate further.... would have been a great car for the price and mileage or it could have been a disaster.... I'll never know.... hard to believe these are old enough to be "barn finds" now lol

Tyler

Instagram: 4vmach1

TylerRNEMT is offline   Reply With Quote