View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #154
sutyak
it's soo-tack

Re: sutyak's turbo 2004 Mach 1 build thread

Slimmer fan from a Volvo arrived. After trimming all the Volvo-specific tabs off the side it fits perfectly and provides some extra room. I still ended up trimming some from the top of the shroud for the turbine housing. The fan is definitely smaller than stock, but the full shroud should help a lot. I'm surprised the stock isn't. More pics of the fan after I get the turbo positioned and piping modified.

I finished up painting and clearing the roll bar, and am very happy with how it came out. I used many cans of Duplicolor dark shadow grey. It's extremely close to OEM color. It would probably match perfectly if the paint on the car was new. I'll put the roll bar back in the car after I install the upper torque box reinforcements.

The car has a thick layer of garage dust on it.

I took a break from working on the Mach to replace the A/C clutch on our daily beater car; a 2002 Toyota Echo. This has to be the easiest car in the world to work on and the parts are dirt cheap.
I did remove the paint from the face of the clutch prior to installing. I could have possibly just removed the shim so it made contact again, but with so much else going on I didn't want to waste the time in case that didn't work.
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote