View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #108
sutyak
it's soo-tack

Re: sutyak's turbo 2004 Mach 1 build thread

Called SCT. They remoted into my laptop and the X3 is currently updating. The tech had 2 files: a LFU file, which is basically a format file to wipe the X3 and prep it for a big update, and an LWU file which is the firmware. Neither are published from SCT.
Once those are loaded it starts a long download/update of over 3000 files. He says it will take around 20 minutes to complete. So hopefully here shortly I'll be ready to rock.
I convinced him to let me keep those files in case anyone else might need them. They prefer people call in for help so the device doesn't get messed up any further. I guess once they are too far screwed up then people have to mail them in.

Oh, and the root of the problem is their updater. My device is so old that the updater is unable to jump from my firmware to the latest without use of that LFU file. I'm not sure why they don't modify their updater appropriately, but there you have it.

...device updated successfully to the latest firmware. Took 27 minutes. Seems to be OK now. I'll verify after work.
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote