View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Re: What made you choose a Ford Mustang over others

I've always been an American muscle car fan. All of them. My two favorites were the 70 Chevelle 454 LS6 (and 396 variety) and the 69-70 Boss 429's. I also loved the AAR and 426 Cuda's. AMX, Mopar, GM...all of them. When it was time to buy my first car, I bought a 76 Cutlass (because low funds LOL) and put 275/50's out back and some air shocks for that raked look LOL. Anyway, my second car was an 84 Z28 and I loved that car. It seemed like I could never find a Camaro in a stick. After deciding I needed to buy something brand new, I bought a 90 Ford Ranger ext cab with a 5spd. I loved that truck. I've always liked Ford muscle cars, but it wasn't until I actually owned a Ford that I decided they were my favorite manufacturer of cars. To me, all the Fords had the best interior, even back in the muscle car era. In 92, I bought a Mustang GT 5spd and that was it for Camaros LOL. I still like the classics and 82-92's, but I've hated the styling since. I still like them as American muscle cars, just not over Ford Mustangs. Though I like the styling better now, I didn't like the 94-98 Mustang body style. 99 - 04 was an excellent look IMO. Maybe one of my favorite Mustang body styles to date. I just didn't have the funds at that time in my life to buy one new
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote