View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #68
brtnstrns

Re: Bye Bye Old Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKat13 View Post
Gotcha; as a long time Engineering Manager, the worst days I have ever had were the ones where I had to lay people off. I imagine those that get laid off have it 10 times worse than me but it is just a horrifying experience. I have had to lay off close friends; those are some bad nights.
Oh yeah I don't doubt that. I totally respect my manager. He's been out of town this week but I know he'll be pissed when he finds out that he's got to lay people off without having any say in it whatsoever. I'm not going to hold it against anyone if it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
very sorry to hear that, hopefully youll be the one of the ones they hang onto or youll land in something as good/better quickly
Yeah, we'll see. I mean, it happens to people every day. There's no reason why I should be be any less vulnerable than anyone else in this world. Fortunately, I'm blessed to have been raised by financially savvy parents and a wife that has the same financial views as me so we'll be fine.

I've only been in the working world since 2011 but the thought of waking up one Tuesday morning and not having anywhere to be is pretty frightening. Can bet your *** I'll be hitting the ground hard getting something else set up though.
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote