View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #101
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchambers View Post
Doing what you describe is likely completely screwing up your load calculations, amongst other things. Let's presume that for the factory NA calibration your commanded lambda at 5000 RPM and 750 throttle counts (or say a load of 0.899) is 0.879 (12.3 AFR on 14.1 stoich). Now you come along and really want something more like .799 (11.24 AFR on 14.1 stoich). If all you do to drive it to that .799 actual lambda is increase the airflow in the MAF table then you have fictitiously skewed that actual airflow measurement because the ECM is still calculating the pulsewidth based on the original .879 lambda. The actual airflow through the engine hasn't changed. Its the same now as it was originally, you just want to run at a different lambda at those same conditions. Your load will be higher, spark taken from a different point in the BDL table, etc. What you really want to do is change the commanded fuel point. This is done by changing the base fuel table at that point where you desire the change. The fuel needed to deliver that commanded lambda is then calculated based on the original UNCHANGED mass air curve; you're just asking for and receiving a longer pulsewidth from the injector. Load hasn't changed and the airmass entering the engine remains true. Does this make sense?
No I don't increase the airflow in the MAF table to skew the actual airflow for the lambda I want to achive. If you want to keep the stock curve then that is fine but you will still have to modify the MTF to adjust for the 7 x larger then stock fuel injectors I am running. And you will also have to adjust the min. pulse width and rescale the injectors. I think the largest you can scale the injectors to with the software is like 96lbs or something like that and with me running 160lb injectors everything is going to be skewed just a little bit. Now if I were running 60lb injectors I could just rescale the injectors and everything would be fine.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote