View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #285
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Re: 50th Anv. Mustang Show @ Charlotte Apr 16-20, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
............... but the 4+ hour wait to pickup credentials, the endless "now you have to get in that line", the missed registrations and passes in my packet and general disorganization is inexcusable. ..........

................. Bring on The Carlisle All Ford Nationals! ................
Wow! I didn't sign up for any of the track portions so maybe I missed the loooog line. I pulled into the host hotel and registration parking lot at 4 pm on Wednesday, walked right over to the line that corresponded with the first letter of my last name, picked up my packet, then went and got my great goodie bag and was pulling out of the parking lot by 4:15 pm.

I had a great time and saw a lot of folks but missed even more. One of my many jobs now days in my retirement is "free-lance " photographer with big emphasis on the "free" (LOL). I was busy taking pictures of my local buddy from Charleston, Courtney Barber and the Team Mustang Girls. She was doing daily articles for StangTV.com and Roadtrippers.com and using the pictures I took. What a tough job, but someone has to do it. Hopefully there will be a article in Hot Rod Magazine coming up in a near future issue too using more pictures I took.

I got to see my old 1970 W-code 428 SCJ convertible Mustang in it's restored like new condition. Last time I saw it was 1977 and it was very difficult not hopping in it and doing one more smoky burnout in the parking lot (LOL).

I had fun but it was definitely different from the Carlisle Adventure. Looking forward to seeing all the regulars there and any new faces who can make it.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic