View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #96
shadowmaker

Re: 50th Anv. Mustang Show @ Charlotte Apr 16-20, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
Kim, Jordan, Tom Merkle and I are headed down Tues. the 15th but we will be taking a scenic route.....not doing the I-95 thing as It SUCKS! Funny how people are isn't it....we are hoping to be able to get into the track every day ! To us the inside is where it's at.....BTW if you think you will be able to cruise around if you park outside, I doubt it....this show is gona be Packed so I am willing to bet once you park you are pretty much stuck there for the day regardless if it's inside or outside the track. I just hope the weather co-operates! BTW are Dave and Tammy going or are they still chasing Mummies ?
Ford Nationals is packed but you can come and go.

Ive been in numerous shows over the years at Charlotte. The best spot is under the bleachers, its in the shade. The back stretch outside is packed as well for car shows but you can come and go. Even the Autofair, which Im willing to bet is bigger than this event, youre not locked it. I assume its bc of the open track thing. The MORE spots are suppose to be close to the entrance.

Ive been to races there, I dont want to be caught in the traffic trying to get out. I bet it will take 2-3 hrs to clear out. Thats another reason I dont want to be locked in. I guess I go to too many shows bc now, I can only look at so many cars before Im done.

Dont know about I95 but if there was ever a road sign that said "Highway to Hell" it would be I81. I never get road rage and I let 5 people last year going to Carlisle that they were #1.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote