Thread: 5.0 stroker
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #23
Nekasrof
Hillclimb Extraodinaire

Re: 5.0 stroker

Howdy
I didn’t post up results because we really aren’t finished.
The car put down 595/513 @ 11.3 AFR @ 6200rpm and 18deg of timing. Still have a few things to work on.
There’s a 4” pulley on the D1 and a 10% OD balancer which produced 13lbs of boost.
Cams are Ford GT.
1 ¾” to 1 7/8” Kooks headers to 3” exhaust with no cats.
Fuel was approx. 50/50 MS109/93 Sunoco.
Fuel pressure is 40psi @ idle with vac disconnected and it’s a return system with 8AN feed/6AN return. Twin Walbro 400lbh pumps. Voltage is 14.3v at the pumps.
Oil pressure was 85psi and oil temp was 160deg min. We didn’t do any pulls until the oil/coolant were fully up to temp.
Max IATs on subsequent pulls were around 108deg.
Coolant temp was approx. 180+/- a couple of degrees. I don’t remember the temp in the shop but I’d guess in the upper 70’s to low 80s, but not higher than that.
Borrowed a set of DRs from CMEMACH1 to give us traction on the rollers.

Unfortunately, the data log quit on the last pull. But I’ll be sure to get a data log when we get those small issues resolved. With the data log quitting, we only have a guess as to why it quit making power at 6200. So, once we make a few small changes, we’ll see. I’m happy so far. I’m not chasing a dyno number as that is only the number THAT day on the dyno. During racing conditions, that number will be diminished some. I’m more interested in the data log as that will tell the story. Sorry I don’t have one, but by spring, I will. That's the update for now.

What I can say is that the BFG R1S tires do not like to be cold. Unlike a Hoosier A6, the R1S needs heat. I wasn't sure until our 1st and 2nd runs at Weatherly. I could spin the tires in 1st thru 4 gear just by putting my foot down. I did not try the A6s that day as we were just interested in making sure the car did ok. Next year will be another story!

Motor + Procharger + driver = Baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
Mustang dyno: 538hp/481tq @ 14lbs/19deg timing
DynoJet comparison: 600hp/539tq

Looking for more hillclimbers!
Nekasrof is offline   Reply With Quote