View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: Vinyl or Stainless Steel inserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j21moss View Post
I had the reflective vinyl on mine but in time the edges started to roll, so I went with the Plastic Black molded ones from CDC. They also fit edge to edge and what I like about them, the edge are rounded smooth and very glossy and a little flexible so very easy to put on. However, they were a little pricy at $60.00 but they have been on "Hollywood" for 6 yrs and still look new. The only problem thou is I am not sure CDC produces them any longer, so I guess the next best thing is go to stainless, but if you can still find them.. check it out..
I did a search but I could not find these anywhere. They must have discontinued them. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
Here you go, remember they are thicker than vinyl (I am not a measurement guy, they are the 1st three marks on tape), 2 pics from side,( hard to take, best I could do), you can see they are fairly flush compensating for the thickness and one pic looking straight down the bumper to see how far out they stick, hope it helps.

Pics are just what I was looking for! Thanks. I think it looks pretty good. I think I will go with Stainless over vinyl. It has more of a 3D look to it and it doesn't stick out as far as I thought it would. Thanks for the pics!!!!

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote