View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
USMCWeatherMan

Re: Tranny Removed...only leads to more questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006 View Post
Dunno much about the Mach1 factory configs and options, but from what I've read on here is that the 5 speeds would defintely be an 8 bolt crank & flywheel, so the assessment of being a salvage or replacement motor sound about right.

Yes you can use the setup as it is. If the old clutch setup measures 11", then you will be fine since all mid 2001+ GTs came with an 11" clutch, PP but retained a 6 bolt 11" flywheel.

If you are not comfortable with keeping the Chinese flywheel, you can pick up a 6 bolt OEM replacement fairly cheap.

Just curious, where is the drain plug on that transmission? On the bottom right side? Or underneath?

T45 - Bottom right
TR3650 - Underneath
Thx for the reply. The tranny is deff a TR3650, its stamped on the side and the drain plug is underneath.

I've been looking around at GT flywheels.

Would any Mustang 6 bolt flywheel fit?

I measured the old Chinese flywheel, it looks to be just under 14.5" diameter, measuring from tip of the teeth to tip of the teeth.

This has really thrown me for a loop. I'm pretty dang irritated some douche would do this and not in some way tell the dealership when trading it in. I tried to do all my homework and have everything I needed ordered. Had it not turned out like this I probably would have been **** near done with tranny back in.

This raises another question too, will the clutch I bought fit a 6 bolt flywheel? I got from AM, their site says its for all Late 2001-2004 GT's as well as Mach 1's. I guess I will have to call them...so confused.

This issue has now set me back like 4 days...and the Mach is my DD.

Couldnt imagine how it would have went down if I decided to take it to a shop or worse the stealership from them to do the swap...I probably deff would be paying through my a$$ not only that, probably would have confused the sh!t out of them!

If I ever run into the previous owner, I'm gonna him.
USMCWeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote