Thread: brake upgrades
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #9
mikeracing
MECHANIC

Re: brake upgrades

i ran hawk hps pads and i was cooking them on the street but i love the pfc z rated pads i have on the car now i cant get them hot enough on the street to fade i do have dba slotted rotors i don;t think the slots realy matter anymore with current pad design other than maybe for water. i would not use drilled rotors i had them on my porsche and they kept cracking. a good set of pads i would say is the best thing you can invest in i am going to a high speed auto cross this coming weekend so i will tell you how the z rated pads really will do

other than larger pads the only thing that will increase braking and heat dissapating is a larger rotor i would not bother with the 13" brembo kit but thats my opinion

a while back 5.0 mustang mag did a review on the gt500 and they found that just removing the dust shields did more than the brake ducting did (the reason alot of race cars like nascar use brake ducts is because they actualy install blowers in the line which gives them extra cooling at slower speeds

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...k_cooling.html
just my .02

p.s. i used pfc carbon mettallic brake pads on my dodge neon dd and they lasted for 60,000 miles (i sold the car and they still had a ton of life left) and you could see the cross hatching on the rotors they are surprisingly easy on rotors so you wont be killing off expensive rotors
mikeracing is offline   Reply With Quote