View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #2850
np_mach1

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyB View Post

And as for beating the Steelers? Yeah, I am pounding my chest over that win. Big Ben not being 100% is a cry baby excuse. He wasn't on the run when he threw those 3 interceptions and allowed a forced fumble. I won't take his bad ankle as any excuse to take credit away from the defensive performance they had that night.

New Orleans is having a good year, but they're going to have to go to SF and they have not played well on the road. They allow the 5th most rushing yards per carry. That's not a good matchup for them against Frank Gore. One of their biggest threats is their TE and he'll be covered by Patrick Willis and their three RB's will get no where on one of the best run D in the history of the NFL. It will all be on Colston, Meachem and Henderson to win the game. You'd be surprised how much more difficult it is to win without a running game and your best receiver taken out of the game. I'll bet 90% of the game the Niners are in nickel defense with a four man front and drop 7. I really believe the Niners can do to NO what KC did to GB. Can't help it if I believe in my team. Sorry.
You are just rocking those rose colored glasses huh? Willis won't cover Jimmy much if at all. He is a Mike, so the only chance is zone coverage. Curl to flat zone unless its tampa 2 then mid range middle zone. Your safety most often then not will match up with Jimmy man to man. You really think Patrick is going to split out wide or in the slot and get out of the middle where he roams??? Not going to happen. He will have to cover Sproles, and as good as Willis is I don't think anyone in the NFL can match up Sproles 1-1. You can game plan against him but you leave other areas open.

Granted Saints D is not that great, but their O is playing lights out right now and will be a tough match up for any team out there. The saints have won almost ALL of their games with out a run game, but short passes and screens make up for it. Saints may have a match up night mare with the run game on both sides of the ball but can the niners score enough to win should be the question to ask...

And you not aknowledging that Big Ben was a hobbled mess then you are truely being biased. 49ers won, can't take anything away from them. You are just not being honest with yourself though.
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote