View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #2749
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by np_mach1 View Post
They suffocate his ability with poor play calling (like going away from the spread to a conventional style O against the Lions), they still dont call the right plays for him or allow him to grow as a QB but **** it... I love the fact that he never gives up and just wins.

Elway looked soooo pissed last night and I was shocked to see his face. Made me want to shake him and say Hey! Your team is going to WIN!!

Not saying we should look up to athletes as role models (since I believe that is the job of the parent to be one) but, I would be proud if my kids wanted to be like Tim Tebow when they grew up.
Yeah like going for it on fourth down on the twenty yard line instead of kicking a FG against one of the supposed top defenses in the NFL when you KNOW it's going to be a low scoring game.

Elway is pissed, him and Fox got tired of the fans asking for Tebow so they put him out there........to fail. They only wanted to shut everyone up and it hasn't gone exactly like they anticipated, even though they undermine him at every turn. Imagine Tebow on a team with a coaching staff like the Patriots or the Steelers that makes the MOST of every player on the field and whose main focus is winning, not getting into the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

As for the role model comments AGREED and AGREED.