View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #2722
RobbyB

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
All the Steelers have is Wallace? Are you drunk? Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Crotchery, Ward, Miller, and an back field that can catch and run as well. SF doesnt have ONE player in the top 50. Steelers have 3, Heath being one of them. SF passing game is ranked #31, Steelers are #6, 2nd in the AFC. SF defense is good at stopping the run, #1 to be exact but #22 against the pass. Times have changed, running the ball doesnt win football games anymore. You have to be able to pass....ALOT.
So because they have more catches they are better receivers? Heath Miller is a bum compared to Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker. No one outside of Pittsburg would argue otherwise. The Niners are 32nd in pass attempts. You're going to base talent of the WR off of total yards when they don't get half the opportunities? All I can say is SCOREBOARD because the Niners have scored more than you have. The niners may run the ball a lot, but if you put too many in the box they DO have the wide outs to make you pay for it.

Quote:
Ward maybe old but hes no way slow and he can still get the job done. The only WR in the league that a top ranked LB calls out.
Right, because LINE BACKERS are great at evaluating WR talent. He called him out so there'd be no excuses, not because he's some kind of amazing receiver like Calvin Johnson.

Quote:
We have a make shift OL and a put together defense. All of the starting defense has yet to be on the field at the same time.
Niners have dealt with injuries on both sides of the ball, but they're still rolling. Every team has injuries.

Quote:
Take our starting QB away last yr for 4 games and where did we end up? And lose with a QB that had a broken foot and broke nose. A star LB that had 2 back surgeries in the offseason.....

I know it all falls on deaf ears, you learn over the years as a Steeler fan, everyone loves to see you lose. Dont make excuses and just go with the flow. Heck even with 2 Superbowls, they are just now putting Ben in the same category as Brady and the other golden QBs of the NFL.
So let me get this straight. Your team wins 3/4 games without Ben and you want to call him elite because he has two rings? Trent Dilfer has a ring. Big Ben is better than Dilfer, but do you think Big Ben would be as successful with the Colt's defense? Ha. Look how bad that team is without Manning. That's proof he's an elite QB. When your team wins 75% of it's games even without your starting QB, that doesn't help your argument.

Quote:
All I hear is the packers packers packers....WHO have the played? How in the world did they get that schedule? Only tough game they have are the Lions, Bears, and maybe the chargers.
I agree with you there. The Saints and Bears are the only teams with a winning record they've played this year. However, no one can even come close to the level of play Rogers is putting up this year. 24 TD's to 3 INT's. That's an 8:1 ratio. Most consider 2:1 good, so he's doing extremely well. The Packers D is really looking suspect though.

New ET's Nov 5th.... not really. Blew the motor Nov 5th.
RobbyB is offline   Reply With Quote