View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #791
Machy uno

Re: College Football back in full swing!

<---- How about that win last weekend over OU? Such a great game. Hoping to get our season back on track after some close games that ended in 2 losses.

As to A&M....I really don't know if they realize the full effect of joining the SEC. They're record against SEC members was 58-78-6, after this season it's a little worse. Thats less than 50% winning. As ESPN noted, any increase in recruiting by joining the SEC has a good chance of being offset by having a losing football team. The Aggies haven't had a competative football team in a good long while uo until this year. I'm honestly sad to see them leave the Big 12. The worst part though, is the schools word doesn't mean a cows pile of ***** anymore. See the below statement, one of many made. As the school president, how can you come that close to giving your word on staying around, then one year later go back on it for a potential gain in money? No respect from me anymore, so hopefully the door hits them on the rear on their way out. Don't agree to something if you don't fully intend to back it up. Thats what disapoints me the most about the whole situation. Most everyone I've talked to says the same thing.

"Texas A&M is a proud member of the Big 12 Conference and will continue to be affiliated with the conference in the future," school president R. Bowen Loftin said in a statement.

Perhaps a little too harsh?

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote