Thread: 4.30's or 4.10
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #187
Mach1owner

Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSELLR8 View Post
So you're saying it's EASIER to push a 4th gear ratio of 1.0:1 than a 3rd gear ratio of 1.32:1 ??? Other people have already said thats not true. That's why some people have gone back to 3.55s. I think it's pretty clear the car won't pull the same - and dont even think about 5th when you're at .62:1 (even though you never go that fast anyway, but soneone else might on the autobahn or a track) Those final drive ratios may change with 4.30s, but what you need to understand is the fact that 4th and 5th are harder to push than 3rd due to their respective ratios.
You do understand that a better low end sacrifices your top end...don't you?

Doesn't sound like you have read all 8 pages of this thread...or payed much attention to others who disagree with what you're saying.

One last thing. Have you replaced your 150 mph gauges with V6 120 mph gauges, thrown out your z rated tires, and put on your 115 mph governor yet? If not, why do you have 4.30s ?
Ok, just joking around with you now, not trying to start a fight

Ok im just going to state that i havent read the whole theard....but just one question/comment.

Wont the actual top speed of a 4.30 gear car be higher than a 3.55. I know i cant push fifth at all with the 3.55
Mach1owner is offline   Reply With Quote