View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #47
OSUALUM78
2003 Black Cobra

Re: Twin Screw Change Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McClure View Post
WTF? Am I not being heard? You have two choices. An Eaton swap minus the Eaton then use the blower of your choice for a 03-04 Cobra, or the smaller 2.1 kit made for the Mach 1. And if you want big power you need to start thinking out of the box in regards to compression. 8:5-1 is too low in my opinion. I have 9:1-1 compression, see upwards of 25 lbs of boost at times, all with 20 degrees of timing. And no race gas, just a splash of Torco mixed with 93. And forget what Kenne Bell says, half the time they don't have a clue what's going on. Which is why I ended up with a Whipple. Got tired of their antics.
You are being heard. But it's difficult for me to discern info when (1) I am not mechanically inclined. I've already stated this fact, (2) I have no experience with this, (3) the KB site can lead anyone to believe that their Mach 1 kit can use the 2.6H and get up to 750HP

I am not going to mess with Aluminator in the sense of tearing it open to change compression. Now should degree cams or mess with timing before install (this can be done without tearing into the motor correct?), I have no idea.

After talking with KB (today wasn't my first call to them), and reading on their site, more and more they seem to be a company that has a clue what they are talking about, but only in retrospect to their product, not compared to the S/C market. That's just my opinion though.

With the same note, based on my opinion, prior to talking with them the few times I have, their customer service is pretty poor which is steering me to doing the Eaton method and going with a Whipple. I could have dealt with the power the 2.1L puts out, but their poor customer service and their site being sketchy, I am off into the land I didn't want to go. Piecing together my own 'kit' by going the Eaton method. I really just wanted to buy an all inclusive kit that could get me to 500-550 and to 650-700 at the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmach302 View Post
i know the aluminator is a good motor but are you set on that??? could take and get a built crate motor from somewhere else and stroke it to a 5.0 or 5.4 the power will be alot better, when i got my stroke motor i gain 25rwhp just for it being stroked also a lower CR than the mach, mine is now low 9's, but i think you just need to face it that with the mach 2.1 KB your not going to make the power you want, these guys are handing you the info your asking, so take it and run with it and get your build on

ASh
Yes, set on the Aluminator 8:5. Again I am not mechanically inclined to understand very much, nor do I have the time to research all that is needed.

I agree as I related in my reply to Scott's post above yours. Bye KB, onto the Eaton method with a Whipple.
Build #2224 of 8394
Born: 08/19/02
Mods: nothing worth noting... right now

Jamie: custom pedal mountain bike built by me
Bettie: 2004 Black Mach 1 (sold but not forgotten)
OSUALUM78 is offline   Reply With Quote