Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #3242
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: NASCAR thread

So a lot of you people don't think Jimmie could handle racing back in the days. Let's see.

Started racing motorcycles at the age of 5 and won a championship at the age of 7.

Later on, he started racing off road trucks (I know some guys that do this and they say it is not easy racing those trucks) Raced in 3 different series, (SODA, SCORE, and MTEG) and got rookie of the year in all divisions. 25 wins, 100 tops 3's, and 6 championships racing off road trucks.

Plus raced in ASA and got rookie of the year before making his way to Nationwide series and raced both series at the same time..

He also has a bada$$ '67 camaro with an actual Hendricks race motor in it with plenty of other mods.

If he can do all this and plus have this much success in NASCAR, I think he would be able to handle those cars back then. Especially if he can handle those off road trucks as good as he did.

Yes I like Jimmie Johnson but he's not my favorite driver but you have to give credit where credit is due. What can I say, the guy knows how to drive. And he is a clean racer unlike most of the guys back then, Especially Earnhardt Sr.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote