Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #3214
G
Undocumented Member

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Warcup View Post
I totally agree! Especially, NO TOP 35 LOCK IN...what a bunch of crap! .................................................. ....

And no more Sprint Cup guys racin' in the Nationwide Series
...leave that series to the guys & gals that want to learn & move up...Trucks, okay
I thought about that but think it helps having the more experienced Cup drivers available as mentors and to help sell tickets. I would like to see them limited to 5 races in any of the top divisions (Cup, NW, or Trucks) that they are not running for a championship in. That would work both up and down. If a cup guy wants to be involved in NW let him own a team (max of 2 cars) and develop new talent. That's not just drivers but crew as well. He could pick 5 races to drive in and then either park the car or put in a NW driver. If you take away the owner points then you add some stability for the drivers. The owner then has to select, develop, and support his driver to win a championship. There should be provisions for retaining driver points if it's beyond the control of both parties, like the medical issue with Vickers.

If you like racing more like it was in the early days, the modified series is awesome. It could be I'm a bit prejudiced by my past but modifieds are just a blast to watch. I have memories I cherish from the mid 60s to the early 70s that are burned into my mind. My dad was involved in that division as a driver, owner, and builder from the late 40s until the 70s. He was never big time but was a steady driver that took me to every event he could. It messed me up for life.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote