Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #2888
G
Undocumented Member

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Watching some of the most dominant drivers in the series pretty much run on cruise control behind someone who hasn't had a victory in two years might be considered evidence...

There have always been dominant drivers and teams. Why if they fix the races for Jr does his win column with the 88 look sad. They put a maximum effort in that car and it performed well. Many of you can also face the fact that Jr has a good record at Daytona and IS a 2 time champion in that series. I'm not a Jr fan but give the guy some credit.

FYI, running behind Jr until the end is a great way to win a race. If Logano is telling the truth he planned a last lap pass but didn't get help. He started 10th and finished 2nd so it looks like a smart move on his part not that the fix was in.

I'll go back to my first point, you can't fix a race with so many variables unless you allow someone to cheat. I don't think for a second there was an organized effort to allow the "3" to cheat. Another thing was the Gen2 factor which made the cars more of a challenge to drive. I still don't get why Chevy didn't use the Camaro for the series and not the Impala.

You will notice that the Mustang that finished 3rd was driven by the guy with much of the limited test time with the new cars.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote