View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
anglia4

Mufflers, which brand?

When the mach gets here i'm thinking as a little bit of a summer project i might have a nudge at building an exhaust for it.

We are very resourceful people down here in NZ and i have access to all the required equipment and expertise.

My 5.0litre GTHO had Mac shorty headers, an OR H-pipe and flowmasters 2-1/2" pipes down each side.

What i am visualizing for the mach is standard headers, biff out the cats, 2-1/2" pipes, was gunna have a go at making an x-pipe to get some flow.

At the end of the day its a road car so its gonna be sound over performance, is the h-pipe or x-pipe the way to go for noise?

Also i was thinking flowmasters for the mufflers coz they are available here in nz but i could import the mufflers, what makes the best sound? I've heard mixed reviews about the flowmasters, and ive been told to go 3 chamber over 2 as the 2 chambers are drony

I liked my gtho noise as when i pushed it out to 5500RPM it sounded really crisp, sounded like a proper screaming V8 race car, alot of that was probably in my edelbrock heads though.

Reason for building something is that with the size of exhaust systems they are not economical to post to NZ, just too expensive
anglia4 is offline   Reply With Quote