View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #24
Durrman

Re: KB Dyno Tune Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
I have talked to a few people and they all said you CANNOT read the tune off the chip. THe KB tune is fine... I made a ton of HP and Torque on it as do others. People like the custom tune because you can tweak things like the O2 sensors in the rear to be off, etc. However, the KB chip is fine. You are having problems with the car dying, not making power... once you get that figured out you will be in good shape. Trust the company that you gave many thousands of dollars to... they really know their stuff. Especially since the rest of your motor is stock.
That's my plan. I'm waiting for KB to get my chip so they can check it out and send it back, or send a new one. I'm sure that their tune is better than anything I can get around here.

When I get a new one, I'm sure it will work fine, at first. I won't know if I'm going to have any problems until the day it up and dies on me. Very frustrating.

I've put ~200km, low RPM, conservative driving on the car with the custom tune and no issues, and that is twice as far as I've ever gone without the computer shutting down. So I'm sure I've narrowed it down to the chip, or the connection to the chip. I'm just not comfortable driving the car with this tune - I need that KB chip!
Durrman is offline   Reply With Quote