View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
OIF_05-06/08-09
Army Strong / Ford Tough

Re: Squeaking in tranny area?

Just replaced my TOB today, old one was completely trashed came off in 2 peices. I was really looking forward to not having a squeeky Mach, well....after I got everything back together..Installed LDC Freeplay while I was at it, Started it up and STILL squeeking. So I broke everything back down..."Serious waste of time shoulda checked during first break down" looked at the pressure plate and noticed that the tines that the TOB pushes aginst. They were bent a little, I guess from the bad TOB. So going to replace it and see if that fixes it.. And if I'm not mistaken the LDC Freeplay mod does not help keep the TOB from touching the Pressure plate it just keeps a little pressure on the clutch fork to keep it from having to much play from not having the self adjusting "Stock" quadrant. please correct if I'm wrong..not an expert

Current Mods: 18" Chrome Bullits, Steeda Strut tower brace, C&L drop in, Steeda C&C plates, Steeda Springs, Tokico Shocks, Weld in FM Delta 40's, Steeda Tir-Ax shifter, Fidanza 2.1 clutch
OIF_05-06/08-09 is offline   Reply With Quote