Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #2618
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
Tony was right for being remorseful. He hit the back of Kyle's car thus lifting the rear of the car causing Kyle to have to turn left to keep from wrecking. Granted he had no control of Kyle turning right but if he hadn't hit Kyle in the first place Kyle wouldn't have had to turn right.

I just wonder if Tony would have been leading with Kyle in second and the same thing happened if you guys would be saying Kyle was not at fault. The days of working to pass someone cleanly are gone. We've returned to the push them out of the way mentality.

I'm am not a fan of Kyle or Toyota but the aftermath included the driver I like, so instead of spending money on research they have to rebuild a car.
It's a real shame there aren't more drivers like Mark Martin that will wreck themselves before taking a chance that would wreck another car. Winning should not be put over the safety of others. If Tony hadn't bumped Kyle just before the incident I would agree that Tony shouldn't have been remorseful and it would have been all Kyle's fault but it didn't happen that way.
How can you blame Tony for this. He hit the back of Kyles car because Kyle tried blocking him and wasn't quite clear of the front of Tony's car. So actually, Kyle hit the front of Stewarts car. It's one of those racing deals. And yes, if the roles were reversed, I would be saying it was Tony's fault. Tony had a run on the outside and Kyle didn't move up fast enough to block him. Plain and simple. As for bumping people, that's been the norm in NASCAR for quite some time now. There's bumping going on through out the whole race, why should the last lap be any different. Drivers expect it to happen. Especialy at Daytona and Talledega.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote