Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #2565
ylopony

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
This will probably mean more Toyota's on the track as lesser teams and drivers might fade out, and Toyota picks them up. They might not be the best drivers, but who wants to see 25 out of 43 cars being Toyota's? I know I don't. Once I see that, then it's over for me as far as going to races, and doomsday for Nascar in general.
It looks like it won't be all Toyota's in the future. Perhaps the other 18 cars will be Honda or Hundai? Tough to imagine team Roush in Honda's and Hendricks in Hundai.

http://www.clickorlando.com/sports/19750396/detail.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Wow!! The grandstands are half empty at Michigan. Unreal. I could see this track getting its second race axed. I went there in 2000 and had great turn 3 seats. You could see the entire track and you never had to stand up.
I agree, a lot of empty seats. That appears to be the story at many tracks this year. I'm sure the economy, Toyota, and the COT have a lot to do with that.

I have tickets for the August race located in the main grandstand in front of the pit entrance after turn 3. If you are above the 10th row not a bad seat in the house with a view of the whole track.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote