Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #2533
ylopony

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
It should not have taken this long. I don't think they have been successful together without Tony Sr / Dale Sr looking out for them. Tony Jr will be fine somewhere else and Jr needs someone he will listen to but won't put up with his crap.
I agree, prior to Eury Jr. Dale was a very competitive driver. The change should have happened a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiler be View Post
You can't blame the guys in the pits if you keep driving past your own pit box.
JR. is over rated and now it seems like he does'nt care. Its just a great job in a car he does not own. ( NO PRESSURE ).
don't get me wrong, I like JR, but there is no focus from him anymore.

I will agree with you that not all the responsibility is on the pits, Jr. has to take some of the blame. As for Jr. being over-rated, I 'm not sure I would use that term, I would say over hyped would be better. Dale Jr. is a very good driver. He has 18 wins in the big show and 16 of them were from the years of 2000-2004. There are not a whole lot of drivers that can say they've won that many races.

Since Tony Eury Jr. has been the crew chief Jr. has only won 2 races. So yes, the change needed to happen.

And for the record, I am not a Jr. fan. I don't dislike the guy, but I don't cheer for him either on race day. There are a dozen other drivers I'd rather see win.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote