View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #23
j21moss
3 time Mach 1 owner

Re: MCA's Race to Indy's Mustang Nationals!!!!

ok.. more updates!!!! as of today we have 134 pre-entries.. I have been told that in order for your car to be judge by MCA you have to be pre-registered by May 11th. There will be no limit on how many cars will be judged but you have to be pre-registered and received by May 11th in order to be Judged. After that date you can still enter the show but only for Show-n-Shine and it's a lower price. I have seen what the trophies will look like and I think everybody will be surprised and please on getting something different. Drag Racing will be held only on Friday Morning and Autocrossing will be on Friday Afternoon. Entry is free with your entry but as of right now, there will be no awards for this event.. just for bragging rights!!! we will have some entries that just want to say they had their car on one of the famous and oldest Drag Strip in the nation and just want to cruise down the strip to enjoy the moment. The Oval Hot laps will be on Sunday Morning and the speed will be regulated but believe me you will be going fast enough!!! Ask Scott Hoag!! He had his Blue Mach MRT out there last year and he was turing some pretty quick laps.. not bad for a roadcourse car. Speeds will be from 70-85 MPH. We are expecting a large turnout for the Hot Laps..so far 49 cars has signed up. So far for Drag Racing there are entered 9 Cars and for Autocrossing we have 8 cars that has signed up.

Frank if you are sure that you want to have the Mach 1's for a Midwest National's , you need to get a hold of Bill Burch or Bob Coulston on this. I do know for sure the Bullitt's are signed up to have their's and they have a place for them, so see what kind of sign up we can get for this.

Also if any of you want to go on Friday nite for the Hog Roast the limit of people will be cut off at 350 and has of right now we have 149 signed up.

We are still looking for Sponsor's for this event as expenses are adding up pretty quick and also have alot of openings for Vendors. Believe it or not we have plenty of space available as we have just about the whole place to put this event on. If any interest on this please e-mail Bob at bcoul@sbcglobal.net Last night we had a meeting on 3 possiblities on who will be the Guest Speaker on Saturday Night.

Well that is all I have for now but I'm sure more updates will be posted soon.

Peace Out!!!!! "The Dr."
1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 351C Blue Met
1976 Mustang Mustang II V6 White
1978 Mustang Mach 1 302 Midnight Blue
1995 Mustang GT Conv. 302 Teal
1996 Mustang V6 "Timex" 330,000 miles
2003 Mustang "Hollywood" Mach 1 MRT Promo Zinc Yellow

http://www.mustangclubofindianapolis.com

"Hollywood" is in Da House!!!!
j21moss is offline   Reply With Quote