View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

Re: Fastbandit99 sold a crap tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmachy View Post
Let me clarify. Im not sure that the canned tunes would work if I were to plug it into the car. However, I want a custom tune and that's where the problem is.

My friend has a focus that didnt want to accept an x3. So i said he could try my livewire b4 i put it on my car. Pete had a tune already created and proceeded to put it on the livewire. When he plugged the livewire into the laptop to transfer, the computer wouldn't recognize it. And this is the same computer he uses all of the time. He called SCT, gave the serial number or whatever and SCT told him that its not from this country. SCT said they could fix it for $65, but I'd rather just return it and go a different route.

The tuner was never actually mated to a car yet and still has the 4 unlocks it came with from Fastbandit99.

I just want the money back and nothing else.
Ok now the truth comes out. you want to use it on another type of car.. I used it on a mach and thought you were doing the same.. The computer code would be different on the focus.. I never guaranteed that it would work on a focus. In fact I only guaranteed that it worked on my car. As far as i'm concerned I held up my end of the bargan, but as I just mentioned in my pm to you. I called sct and they have no foriegn models. They advised that you can call them. I spoke to jr and he was very helpful..As I said you can ship it back to me and I will send a refund payment.
Fastbandit99 is offline   Reply With Quote